Wednesday, April 2, 2025
More

Israel, Islamic Jihad militants agree to Gaza cease-fire: Sources

Must read

VT Desk
VT Desk
A global media for the latest news, entertainment, music fashion, and more.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad militants group has agreed to a cease-fire in the Gaza Strip, which will start at 11.30 AM local time , according to media sources.

This comes following reports that Egyptian mediators managed to broker a cease-fire between the two sides after three days of Israeli attacks and retaliatory rocket fire from Gaza.

Earlier, Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid said the military offensive in Gaza has “achieved its goals.”

Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid’s office thanked “Egypt for its efforts” and confirmed the truce would come into effect, but warned it that “if the ceasefire is violated, the State of Israel maintains the right to respond strongly.”

Islamic Jihad member Mohammad al-Hindi had earlier confirmed the militants had accepted the truce, but the group added in a statement that it also “reserves the right to respond” to any aggression.

Israeli warplanes launched airstrikes in the Gaza Strip on Friday citing what the army said that there was an “imminent threat of attacks” by the Islamic Jihad group.

At least 43 Palestinians have been killed, including 15 children and four women, and over 310 others injured in the Israeli offensive, according to the Health Ministry

The attacks came amid rising tensions across Palestinian territories following the detention of Bassam al-Saadi, a senior leader of Islamic Jihad, in an Israeli raid in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin early this week.

(With inputs from agencies)

More From Author

A global media for the latest news, entertainment, music fashion, and more.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article